Pretty good start for a first week, though that is usually the biggest (shocking your system and all). I did really well on my gym commitment, too!
Keys to this week:
- Going to the gym three times. I want to go more, but it's a very solid start.
- Resisting the booze damage during Birthday Season kickoff weekend. I only had two drinks on Friday and two on Saturday. Less beer = less beer bellies.
- Thinking before eating. "Do I really want a hamburger - or will a turger burger be just as good for less calories?" "If I order a side salad, I can always steal one or two of Nick's fries to satisfy my craving without eating a whole pile."
- Competition. Made a bet with Steve. Loser buys dinner in June.
- Vinyasa Yoga class at BSC.
- Recipes from Fitness magazine (will post on how it goes!).
- Minimizing booze damage during Birthday Season
"Everyone who got where he is has had to begin where he was."
[Robert Louis Stevenson]