Stream of Consciousness

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Week 1(ish): Down 6.2 lbs!

Week 1(ish): -6.2 lbs!

Pretty good start for a first week, though that is usually the biggest (shocking your system and all). I did really well on my gym commitment, too!

Keys to this week:
  1. Going to the gym three times. I want to go more, but it's a very solid start.
  2. Resisting the booze damage during Birthday Season kickoff weekend. I only had two drinks on Friday and two on Saturday. Less beer = less beer bellies.
  3. Thinking before eating. "Do I really want a hamburger - or will a turger burger be just as good for less calories?" "If I order a side salad, I can always steal one or two of Nick's fries to satisfy my craving without eating a whole pile."
  4. Competition. Made a bet with Steve. Loser buys dinner in June.
New things to try this week:
  1. Vinyasa Yoga class at BSC.
  2. Recipes from Fitness magazine (will post on how it goes!).
  3. Minimizing booze damage during Birthday Season

"Everyone who got where he is has had to begin where he was."
[Robert Louis Stevenson]

No comments: