Stream of Consciousness

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Offer letter!

I got an offer letter yesterday for a part-time position at a health policy institute in Cambridge that I interviewed at about 6 weeks ago. I'm really excited. Even though it's not full-time it's definitely got a lot of pros:
  • Trying out a new industry that I might really enjoy (health/wellness)
  • Trying out actual PR (as opposed to marketing or copywriting)
  • Interesting research
  • Great networking opportunity (a lot of the top people in the office went to Harvard Business School)
  • Pays better than Banana Republic!
My schedule is also going to leave me two open weekdays to find temp/part-time stuff from KNF&T. Plus, I want to see if I can get a few freelancing assignments.

In other news, I had lunch with an old boss of mine today who just happens to be the daughter of my boyfriend's mother's best friend. Go figure. The world is a tiny, tiny place. Which can be superb for networking and disasterous if you start burning bridges.

I'm still fighting a mean cold (that has taken over my ears and lungs... please please don't let it turn into bronchitis again). So I'm going to go back to bed with my tea and maybe the Wii.

No comments: