Stream of Consciousness

Friday, September 7, 2007

Back in the Groove

Well after a few weeks hiatus, I am back to a regular schedule and real life. I thought those two weeks would last longer but all-in-all they seemed to fly by pretty fast. I'm back living in the city again, back in classes, and back to Girl Scouts. So that means you can expect a lot of wonderful updates!

We moved in almost a week ago. It was emotionally stressful. The girl who lived here before was still here, my landlord flipped out and yelled at me, there was some crying and yelling and negotiating. But in the end, it all came out okay. We've been working on getting settled here. We got the kitchen table today and I hung all my pictures up on the wall. It's starting to feel like home. It's always interesting when you move somewhere new to see how you develop new routines and new places to put your stuff. I think it's going to be a good year.

Classes also seem pretty interesting. I didn't realized at first how connected they all were. I'm taking Law of the Press; Law, Policy & Society; Social Theory; and Gender & Sexuality. More detailed updates about classes to come later.

I get to meet the PTP guys today. I am SO excited! And I finally sent in my write-up from the interview with Barbara Rusell. (I'll be sure to link to it once it's up.)

I've also recommitted to Weight Watchers again after being quite neglectful this summer.

No comments: