Stream of Consciousness

Monday, June 25, 2007

For a smile they can share the night

This afternoon we had an all-you-can-eat sushi, drinks & karaoke extravaganza for SB. I mustered up the courage to ask him what his plans after leaving were. Then I asked him if he could do anything, what would he do? He told me a whole story about "This Is Your Brain on Music" and how he wants to do something with music, but he's not sure what. He's such an incredibly personable man. Engaging, awe inspiring, and still down to earth. I really want to read that book now. I'm glad I got a chance to just chat with him one on one. If I'm ever in Chicago I will look him up.

I also sang "Don't Stop Believin'" all by myself... sober. In front of my co-workers (the entire department -- creative, proofing, and account services), my bosses, and apparently the chairman of my company. I know I cannot sing. I usually reserve the pleasure of my singing voice for my closest friends and strangers driving by in the car. But KP told me to do it, SC can't sing and she went all out, and then the last straw was KS giving me the song book to pick out songs. MT helped me pick a song. I can't believe I sang it. And I made everyone get into it. People were so supportive. It really doesn't matter how bad you are. They were impressed I had the guts to do it. MT gave me props.

I feel incredible. "You gotta go out with a bang, hon."

No comments: