Stream of Consciousness

Monday, February 2, 2009

Resolution Updates: One Month Down

We're one month into the year and it seems like Resolutions are quickly fading from everyone's vocabulary. I've already been less than vigilant about some of mine (especially losing weight, but eh.) I have also been working on some of my bigger life goals - like learning more about wine (check out my other blog, The Novice Palate).

So I thought the one month mark deserved a little recap of where I stand and where I can do for the next month.

2009 Resolutions: The One Month Update
  1. Lose 20 lbs. by graduation (May 1) - I'm still trying to work on this, obviously. I did almost lose this month's goal, even if it was in the first week. This month I'm going to focus on strength training (muscles burn more calories than fat) by doing Vinyasa Yoga in my room 3x per week.
  2. Plant a vegetable/herb garden on the deck - Still waiting for the weather to break. But I got a great email from Kathleen Banfield at the Food Project about their Build-a-Garden program.
  3. Improve my impact on the environment - I'm OCD about recycling - paper and plastic.
  4. Balance my checkbook! - Successful every week, right down to the penny. And I avoided a major catastrophe of overdrawing by being on top of it!
  5. Journal everyday - I haven't written in my personal journal every day, but I have updated my blog, my journal, or written some note to myself in my mini-notebook every single day. More self communication = more reflection = less crazy, which is always a good thing.
  6. Have more adventures - I've been doing really good on this one - the Wine Expo with my mom, wine tastings with Dana, girls night out on the cheap & visting Providence to see Mike. Maris wrote about being "Cheap and Chic in the City" and we've successfully revived the "Super Fun Things to Do in Boston" gCalendar -- we would love contributions!
  7. Spend more time with my friends - See #6, and also the Super Bowl where we did like freshman year and crammed about 20 or so ex-Kennedy Kids plus some new friends into Tom's living room.

No comments: