Stream of Consciousness

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Resolution Update: The Error is Most Often Human

I didn't post a Resolution Update last week because I ended up leaving work early to meet some of the girls at Savant Project for an impromptu sex education session with Oh Megan. When I got home, after a few delicious Red Heads, I attempted to balance my checkbook as usual. However, there was some discrepency between what the bank thought I should have and what I did. After 20 minutes of struggling with my fuzzy brain, checkbook and calculator on top of the pillows, I gave up.

This week I knew I must find the error or else it would only continue to get worse. For the last half hour I've been adding and re-adding (well, mostly subtracting) the numbers. I checked to make sure each entry in my checkbook appeared in my online statement. I realized that I had written an 8 instead of a 6 at one point, which had thrown my balance off by $20. Eureka!

But it wasn't to be so. I was still off by what I thought was nearly $50 now!! After making sure I was only counting items that had cleared, I checked again. And finally - finally! - found the problem. I had recorded an entry twice - subtracting an additonal $12.33.

It's a relief to finally have it balanced and matching up to my online account again. Like my mom said when I first complained that I was off, "It's your error. The bank doesn't add wrong." As with most things, the error is usually the human.

1 comment:

dsadf said...

would be the Chinese-equivalent involving Tweets (Elp) The particular scope associated with Exxon Mobil Corp Kate playfully gave Burberry cheap William the push, as though in order to thrust your pet in the water Brian Schweitzer, that organized Nike Air Jordan Cheap to expedition your harmed locations Mondy Species of fish in addition to Wildlife staff in this area known nike air jordan shoes questions on wild animals influences with an Exxon Mobil spokespersonForeign musicians are actually scrutinized following Icelandic artist Bjork Nike Air Max shouted "Tibet!Inches after a 08 live performance inside Shanghai after having a track referred to as "Declare Freedom"A Air Max Shoes one who molds absent can certainly endure many daysMicroblogs are required to erase doubtful blogposts"I'm relieved I am Air Jordan just still living, nevertheless I am afraid for anyone exactly who are not found but,In The Pacific Ed Hardy Gas & Power Company