So of course, what January 1st would be complete without a list of resolutions for the year. Here we go:
- Lose 20 lbs. by graduation (May 1) - that means about 5 lbs each month, totally do-able. How? Eating colorful food (inspired by Tosca Reno's Eat Clean) and of course exercising!
- Plant a vegetable/herb garden on the deck - this will probably have to wait until Spring. But I'm going to get some books from the library to learn first.
- Improve my impact on the environment - bring my own water bottle, recycle, use more biodegradable products, and try to eat more sustainable foods (see #2).
- Balance my checkbook! - First step in getting my finances under control and moving in a positive direction. I'm going to make an appointment with myself on my Google calendar to balance it each week.
- Journal everyday - I've stopped writing to myself as much and I need to get back to it.
- Have more adventures - inside and outside the city, get to the lake more. We're going to revive the "Super Fun Things to Do in Boston" gCalendar.
- Spend more time with my friends - this goes along with #6 clearly and is inspired by my Life To Do list #7 (stop saying "Because I have to.")