Stream of Consciousness

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolve.

Last night was a perfect way to bid farewell to 2008. It was an interesting year, eventful and yet somehow not really. This morning I went back to Hillside Manor to have a delicious three-hour brunch with Kate, Jack, Maris, Adrienne, Ben, Dan, and Ed. It was exactly the right way to start this year - amazing food, strong coffee, and a lot of inspired breakfast-table conversations. I then came home and cleaned my whole room for four hours.

So of course, what January 1st would be complete without a list of resolutions for the year. Here we go:

2009 Resolutions
  1. Lose 20 lbs. by graduation (May 1) - that means about 5 lbs each month, totally do-able. How? Eating colorful food (inspired by Tosca Reno's Eat Clean) and of course exercising!
  2. Plant a vegetable/herb garden on the deck - this will probably have to wait until Spring. But I'm going to get some books from the library to learn first.
  3. Improve my impact on the environment - bring my own water bottle, recycle, use more biodegradable products, and try to eat more sustainable foods (see #2).
  4. Balance my checkbook! - First step in getting my finances under control and moving in a positive direction. I'm going to make an appointment with myself on my Google calendar to balance it each week.
  5. Journal everyday - I've stopped writing to myself as much and I need to get back to it.
  6. Have more adventures - inside and outside the city, get to the lake more. We're going to revive the "Super Fun Things to Do in Boston" gCalendar.
  7. Spend more time with my friends - this goes along with #6 clearly and is inspired by my Life To Do list #7 (stop saying "Because I have to.")
Expect weekly Resolution Updates every Sunday this year. (I guess that's resolution #8).

No comments: