Stream of Consciousness

Friday, May 16, 2008

Where does time go?

We're already 75% through May. Where did it go?

I spent last weekend in New York for a friend's wedding. It's the first wedding I've been to without my parents for friends that were my peers. It was a slightly surreal experience. This guy no longer has a girlfriend - he has a wife. Another friend recently changed her last name to match her husband's. But in my head she will always go by her maiden name.

This weekend my best friend from high school is graduating from Boston University. She's going to wear her cap and gown, walk up and take her diploma, and then be done with college. She's not the only one - I went out with 3 girls who are all graduating this weekend too. It feels like just yesterday we were all freshmen.

And in only one month my little brother will graduate from high school. He'll be going to Johnson & Wales for culinary training. I'm so excited to watch the people my siblings are becoming. I'm so envious of their independence, defiance, and free spirits.

I'm already 22 years into my life. Where is it going?

No comments: